Watch the video below from student Alfred Goliath to hear how the original languages have helped him to preach (about 2 min in).
For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. 2 Corinthians 9:12
With one month until we board a plane to go to Malawi for a year, we have already experienced the reality of this verse. We have been so blown away and thankful to God for all of you who have been praying for us and have been so generous to help us meet this opportunity head on to train pastors to use Hebrew effectively in their preaching ministries! We give great thanks to God for you all and how the Holy Spirit has stirred your hearts to give towards this endeavor. Many challenges have arisen and many must be overcome, but our great living God has been so faithful to meet those needs and to grow our faith through those challenges (as He always does for His children with life difficulties).
- Based on what has been pledged and already given we estimate that we are over 50% of the total costs for the whole year! Thank you so much, and praise God!
- We are praying that online giving will be available soon to make things easier!
Prayer Request Update
- Praise! One of the members of our adult fellowship group at Grace Community Church volunteered space to store our stuff for the year! That is a huge burden lifted!
- Praise! I finished my last assignments for the semester at the Master’s Seminary in today! I was able to get everything done!
- Praise! Ashley’s sinus infection seems to be doing better.
- Pray for my visa to be approved by Malawi it was submitted about two weeks ago, but processing can be slow.
- Pray for Ashley’s surgery to go well tomorrow (5/12) and for a very speedy recovery.
What the Next Few Weeks Look Like
- 5/11-5/29 Pack up and store our stuff. Get vaccines and Malaria medication. Have everything ready to go for 6/11.
- 5/30-6/3 Drive to Boise area to visit family.
- 6/4-6/10 Drive to Spokane to present at Faith Bible Church and spend time with family.
- 6/10 Fly back to LA from Spokane.
- 6/11 Eat breakfast…Go to church…Grab our luggage…Fly to Malawi.
- 6/13 Arrive in Malawi!
The opportunities for impacting souls for the gospel in Africa is tremendous! The student bio pages for the Central African Preaching Academy give us such a desire to go to be a part of what the Lord is doing in Africa!
Praise our great God with us! Pray to Him with us! May God be glorified!
If you want to partner with us financially see the page How to Give!